I shared a quick note about Twitch last January, and the event and it’s creator, Amanda Miller Littlejohn, have come back with a special focus for part II “PoliTwitch! Public Relations and Politics in the Age of Social Media.”
Just like the last round, I’ll just come out and say it. This event will be well worth it!
Here’s the rundown:
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2010
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM (ET)
Details: On Thursday, May 6, 2010 Mopwater PR + Media Notes will host a conversation between communicators to discuss how social media and new media technologies have influenced news making.
We will talk with journalists from the print, network and online environment as well as communications professionals working in policy on Capitol Hill to discuss:
- how social media has transformed the way news is reported
- how issues make it to the top of the news heap
- how organizations are using online tools to set themselves and their issues apart from those of their competitors, and ultimately garner news coverage
- Peter Cherukuri, DC Bureau Manager-Huffington Post
- Mark Preston, Political Editor-CNN
- Patrick Gavin, Staff Writer-Politico
- Rachna Choudhry, Policy Manager-National Partnership for Women & Families
- Jackie Kucinich, Staff Writer, Roll Call
Additional details and registration info can be found here: http://politwitch.eventbrite.com/.