In my search for all that is interesting involving PR, Marketing and Social Media, one company keeps appearing in my inbox, wall or twitterfeed: LEGO.
I’ve blogged about my connection to Lego in the past, but aside from Apple, who definitely knows how to get my attention, I can’t think of many companies that have been able to regularly make me say “that’s cool.” To some of you reading, it may not sound like an amazing accomplishment for a customer’s reaction to a brand to be “that’s cool,” but I think it is, considering the options: “That’s stupid,” “That’s a waste,” “Someone got paid to come up with that idea,” or, among the worst in my opinion, SILENCE – being so irrelevant that your efforts don’t even get noticed.
Here are just some of the ways that Lego has migrated onto and setup shop on my cool list:
1. Creating an anniversary celebration like this:
2. Inspiring someone to recreate art like this using your product:
3. Being the focus of a section in the master guide that is Groundswell:
4. Having so much online content that you could have an Alltop page:
5. Using your product as your business card…literally:
Not every company is going to be able to do these types of things – different products, industry, goals, mission, etc. – BUT, every company can be involved in something this noticeable, this innovative, this different, this cool.
What other companies would you put in the “Lego Cool” category? Has your company done anything cool lately?